Recently I came across this cool video-intensive website, flwrider.com, dedicated to promoting cycling in Hong Kong. Two cycling enthusiasts — Brian Fu and Andey Yiu — create and manage the site and produce the videos in their spare time. Yesterday after work they came over to my apartment to shoot this video to help get the word out about TransAmerica 2010 and A New Day Cambodia.
To watch the video click on this link:
This link takes you straight to the website’s home page:
On Sunday June 20, Miller will embark on a gruelling coast-to-coast bike ride that will see him cycle around 120 kilometres a day, and hopefully raise US$30,000 along the way. “There’s a certain unreality to the thought of cycling across a continent. I guess I like that romantic idea,” Miller muses. Not only does Miller get to achieve a lifelong dream of cycling a transcontinental tour, but he is also “peddling with a purpose” to raise funds and awareness for the children’s charity, A New Day Cambodia (ANDC). The non-profit organisation currently provides accommodation, food and education for about 100 garbage dump scavenger children…. transamerica2010.wordpress.com
1. Introduce yourself and a little bit about your background, like what you do and where you’re from?
2. Can you tell us a bit more about you taking on this challenge across America?
3. Can you tell us about the charity involved a new day in Cambodia?
4. What’s your motivation behind the whole idea?
5. What sort of things have you been doing to prepare for the trip? Maybe tell us about the physical training and the rides you do?
6. How do you think cycling is progressing in HK and around the world?
Release Date : 12 JUNE 2010